To all of Mzansi’s rugby fans, here’s a chance to support the game by taking part in the Care 4 Kings’ fundraising initiative.
A live online auction featuring rugby memorabilia, the event will take place from 16 – 17 October 2020, and will be hosted by former Springbok rugby player, Braam van Straaten at www.care4kings.co.za.
All the earnings will go towards financially aiding the Southern Kings players and staff, after the club announced insolvency on the 19 September 2020.
A great number of players have come forward in support of the initiative, and have donated several rugby memorabilia for the auction, which include:
- Braam Van Straaten’s prized Springbok Blazer;
- Mzwandile Stick, a born-and-bred Eastern Cape player, donated a White Signed World Cup Jersey (Whole Squad) from last year’s 2019 World Cup Winning Team;
- A signed Andre Venter White Springbok Jersey
- The WP Currie Cup Final jersey 2000 and a framed Barbarian jersey;
- A signed ball by all the BaaBaas player and the glass medal that goes with it;
- A signed Sharks jersey, donated by AJ Venter, from the 2007 Sharks side that played against the Bulls in the Super Rugby Final at the Kings Park stadium;
- Tiaan Liebenberg’s 2012 Man of the Match Stormers jersey against the Highlanders at Newlands;
- A one-of-a kind testimonial jersey signed by Martin Johnson, who played against All Blacks legend Jonah Lomu XV on 4th June 2005 at Twickenham – donated by Danie Coetzee;
- A framed cartoon artwork of all the players who were part of the 1998 Tri Nations Champions, with their signatures;
- And lastly, donated by Dick Muir, a signed 2011 World Cup Springbok Jersey (Whole Squad), of the opening game against Wales – which the Boks won 17/16 with some controversies – will also be up for grabs!
All of the auction items will be available online for viewing on Thursday, 15 October 2020 from 9am at www.care4kings.co.za. To be part of the live auction, all fans must log onto to www.care4kings.co.za and register prior to the event.
Care 4 Kings is overwhelmed by the local and international support from the rugby fraternity who took time out to create support videos such as Eben Etzebeth, Frans Malherba, Lindsay Weyers, Mzwandile Stick, Chris Dry, AJ Venter and Rob Louw.
Care 4 Kings golf day and gala dinner: Join us for a day of golf at one of the most beautiful golfing courses in the Eastern Cape, Fish River Resorts, on Thursday, 26 November 2020. Price: R10 000 per four ball, there are 20 x four balls available. The price is inclusive of: golf with golf carts; halfway house snack box, Care4Kings gala dinner, auction and prizegiving at the gala dinner, accommodation (with breakfast) for a one-night stay at the Fish River Resort. To book, simply email Braam van Straaten at email@example.com.
For our rugby fans who would love to get involved in future auctions or want to donate towards the initiative, contact Braam van Straaten directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For cash donations, please use the following banking details:
- Care 4 Kings
- FNB Cheque Account
- Account No.: 62870068650
- Branch Code: 231002
When making the transfer, please use the reference: CARE4KINGS and your full name.
Stay in the loop by following the Care 4 Kings initiative on all social media platforms where details on upcoming events will be shared:
Instagram – @care4kings | Facebook – Care4Kings | #Care4Kings